26 March 2020 19:30
Due to the escalating Coronavirus crisis and our responsibility to act in the public interest, we regrettably confirm this year's Bisley Week 15-22 August is cancelled. This is the correct decision and with the situation changing hourly there is no obvious prospect of rescheduling at a later date. We act in accordance with the government's advice and urge everybody to do the same. Now is the time to STAY HOME, PROTECT OUR NHS and SAVE LIVES. Details concerning competition entry refunds and carry over to future events will follow in due course. In the meantime thank you for your support and understanding and please keep well.
Chief Executive Officer
26 March 2020 12:00
Following latest Government advice we are unable to process any online orders or answer email or telephone enquiries. This decision has been taken solely in the interest, wellbeing and safety of our staff and will remain in force until further notice. Thank you for your understanding.
24 March 2020 09:00
Having monitored the situation regarding Coronavirus and the way things are rapidly progressing, I have looked at the things that we would need to start organising now for the next three major competitions and events. As this would involve considerable cost to the Association and with no guarantee that the events will go ahead, I have decided to cancel the following events:
Date: 20 March 2020 Time: 13:30
As everyone is aware we are in an unprecedented situation with regard to Coronavirus. We have looked at the most effective way to manage our postal competitions whilst following the advice of the Government and agencies such as the World Health Organisation. Taking their advice into consideration and appraising the present situation we have decided the following:
Date: 18th March 2020 Time: 16:40
I would like to confirm we have regrettably had to cancel the 2020 Junior International in line with Government advice and guidance. This decision reflects our determination to play our part in minimising the risk of infection from the spread of Coronavirus. In addition to domestic circumstances we have also taken into account the global situation and not least of all restrictions on International travel.
Date: 17th March 2020 Time: 19.00
Understandably a number of clubs have contacted the Association to seek opinion in what they should do in terms of opening. The impact of Coronavirus on sport in the United Kingdom has been considerable at all levels from elite sport to community based activity. As a National Governing Body we have been monitoring the situation, Government advice and the Prime Minister’s briefings and have made a decision about what we should do in relation to NSRA facilities.
Date: 17th March 2020 Time: 16:55
In response to the developing situation with Coronavirus and to follow Government advice, I have decided the Lord Roberts Centre and all of the businesses therein will close at 11.00pm on Tuesday 17th March 2020 and will remain closed for the foreseeable future. I believe this is the best course of action at the present time considering the circumstances.
This will mean the NSRA Shop will also be closed but online sales will continue and be managed remotely, albeit not for firearms and ammunition. Bisley Sports Wholesale will operate in the same way.
Statement from NSS organisers:
Following the Government announcement that all ‘mass gatherings’ would not be supported by the emergency services, and that the general public should only make essential trips out, we have had no alternative than to postpone the date of the show in May.
A PLAN FOR ORGANISATIONAL CHANGE
Several months ago we launched the first stage of a Membership Consultation Process. This was intended to share ideas with you about how we should respond to the challenge of becoming a National Governing Body that is fully fit for purpose and capable of leading you and our Sport in meeting the demands of the 2020’s and beyond. Our success in doing so will enable us to do so much more as an Association. Originally launched as the Membership Transformation Project it was a genuine attempt to start an ongoing conversation. This eventually would lead to an implementation phase but only with the support, understanding and goodwill of the majority of the NSRA Membership.
Notice of Cancellation:
Having considered the developing situation with regard to Coronavirus we have decided it is important to take a sensible approach and cancel the Shooting Council Meeting planned for Saturday 28th March 2020.
As you are aware things are changing on a daily basis. Having monitored all of the information made available by the Government and key agencies such as Public Health England and the World Health Organisation, the Association feels
IMPORTANT: Official Cancellation of ISCH 2020
Dear Sir or Madam,
unfortunately we have to inform you that according to current orders of the authorities all major events in Hanover have to be canceled.
This orders and the recommendations of the Robert Koch Institute force us to cancel ISCH 2020 officially. A postponement to a later date this year is regrettably not possible due to scheduling reasons.
For more information click here