As you may be aware, we have found errors in the printing of some of the NSRA targets. Together with our printer we continue to test all targets to ensure the specifications are correct and are releasing targets for sale as and when we are satisfied with their quality.
We are continuing to deal with them in priority order based on their competition use and are still working hard with our printers to correct their printing issues.
It must be noted that when discussing “faulty” targets we mean they are not suitable for National Competition use. This in no way prevents them being used locally (and some competition organisers are doing so) or for training and recreational shooting. In this case they may not need to be replaced.
The following targets are not up to the full specification, however the scoring is not affected and so CAN BE USED for National Competition purposes and WILL NOT be replaced:
- 1001C 1996
- 1003C BM89
- Air 4/89
2510BM89 (either purchased after 20th September 2018 or replaced).
The following targets have been proofed, quality checked and signed off. Stocks of the following targets are available in the NSRA Shop:
- Air 1/89 - 18
- Air 2/89 - 18
- Air 3/89 - 18
- Air 4/89 - 18
- 2510 B.M./89 - 18
- 2510 BR15 - 18
- PL14/06 - 18
- MM 12C 1996 - 18
MM 12C BR15 - 18
We will organise the replacement of targets when stock from the printer allows. For other targets not currently available, we will replace them if necessary when the new versions become available. Please do not send in requests for other targets until notice is given that they are in stock.
We want to be fair to our clubs and individual members but also deal with the issue with our printers in a reasonable way. For this reason we will replace any targets that:
- Are not acceptable for National Competition use.
- We have stocks of a new quality checked target available. Others will be informed of in due course.
- Were purchased after 1st January 2017. (For 2510BM/89 those purchased between 1st January 2017 and 20th September 2018).
- Are your current unused stock i.e. the number of targets you have left (not the total order you placed).
- The name and address under which the order was place.
- Order date.
- Order or invoice number (if you ordered online this will be a 4-digit number, if you purchased in the Shop or ordered over the telephone, it will be a 9-digit number).
- A simple photograph of scan of the target type.
- A photograph or other evidence of the quantity of targets you have left.
- If you no longer have the invoice, a copy of the treasurer’s entry in the ledger or other evidence that you have of the purchase and date.
You will also be able to exchange targets in person at the Shop by bringing in the targets with your receipt or invoice.